Butterbur extract (Petadolex) has been used sucessfully in Germany for nearly three decades. Thorne
Research is proud to bring this important botanical to the United States.
Migraine headache symptoms are thought to be due to constriction, followed
by a rebound relaxation of cerebral blood vessels. Supplementation with Butterbur
(Petasites hybridus) extract
- helps maintain cerebral smooth muscle tone
- inhibits pro- inflammatory leukotriene synthesis
- provides an analgesic effect.
Because of the above qualities, Butterbur has proven very useful as supportive therapy for asthma
and other inflammatory conditions of the bronchial tree and lungs.
- 5-HTP is beneficial for normalizing serotonin levels and consequently may modulate pain
- Pleo-Leptu - useful as supportive therapy for vascular migraines
- Krill Oil - uncontaminated essential fatty acid from antarctic krill - beneficial for multiple conditions