Pleo Oku 2X drops by SanumPleoSanum, is known in Germany as Okubasan. Pleo Oku 2X is a homeopathic antidiarrheal remedy.
Pleo Oku consists of the homeopathic preparation of the branches of Okoubaka aubrevillei, a tree, which can be found primarily in West Africa. In popular medicine, the pulverized bark has been applied internally as a detoxicant. Thus, this old remedy of the natives protects the chieftains' tasters from intoxication and poisoning.
Nowadays, Okoubaka aubrevillei is also used for food poisoning and healing of infectious diseases of the gastro-intestinal tract. On the basis of its contents of tannin, catechols, and phenylcarbonic acids, this plant has strong phagocytosis promoting effects.
Pleo Oku, as a homeopathic preparation of Okoubaka aubrevillei, can be useful as supportive therapy for
- acute diarrhea, especially after food poisoning
- infections of the gastro-intestinal tract
- food sensitivities/allergies
- prophylactic for change of nutrition and climate
- during a detoxification therapy
- for the elimination of metabolic waste products